General Douglas MacArthur made Manila Hotel his home during his tenure as the Military Advisor to the Commonwealth Government of the Philippines from 1935-1941. Architect Pedro Luna, son of master painter Juan Luna was commissioned to build a penthouse suite for the General and his family atop the fifth floor of Manila Hotel.
The Suite has been stylishly refurbished with bedroom drapes and bedding. The sun filtering through casts a golden glow that enhances the ivory paneled walls of this handsomely proportioned room. To enhance the antique furniture, slip covered sofas and lounge chairs were thrown together casually, to create the genteel air of the suite that has known legendary company.
- Master bedroom with a dressing room
- Bvlgari bathroom amenities
- One guest room with twin beds
- Two baths and one powder room
- A study room
- Formal dining room overlooking the bay
- Well-equipped kitchen
- 24 Hour Butler service
- Balcony with a stunning view of the Manila Bay
- The Executive Club access